While working on the windows you might notice a message as Windows Explorer has Stopped working error. This message stops you from having the assess of the windows. You may also experience the screen flickering before and after you have received this message. this message interrupts and disrupts the windows and system of windows explorer. This also makes your data inaccessible and you cannot have data recovery. You have to manually to a recovery of your data. And for that you can always keep a Windows data recovery tool in the software of the windows.
Causes of Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working:
There can be many reasons due to which you receive this Windows Explorer has stopped working message on your computer screen. Few of the reason for this Windows explorer has stopped working message appears on the screen are listed below:
- One of the reasons may be outdated or an incompatible version windows version that is present in the computer.
- This can be also the presences of some sort of virus or presence of corrupted files that may be present in the computer.
- Malware attack can also cause this windows explorer has stopped working message to appear.
- Presence of a faulty RAM in the computer hardware can cause this error of the windows explorer problem.
There can be many other errors for this windows explorer to stop working.
Causes of Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working:
The reasons that are mentioned above are the reason for the windows explorer has stopped working message to come up on the screen. Hence, to solve this error there are few methods that you can use in order to fix the problem.
Few of the solutions and their methods are mentioned below with their proper steps for you to follow and fix the problem of windows explorer that has stopped working.
- Scan Your Windows Explorer for Malware Attacks.
- Run System File Checker of Sfc Scan.
- Update Current Video Driver.
- Perform a Clean Boot on the Windows Explorer.
- Test System’s Ram Memory.
- Peform a System Rstore for Explorer.
- Remove Any Unwanted File or Curopted File.
- Install Latest Windows Updates.
All these methods are defined and explained in the text below in order to remove this error of windows explorer that has stopped working.
Method # 1: Scan Your Windows Explorer for Malware Attacks:
Malware attacks on the windows can be cause due to which the explorer has stopped working. You may need to run some sort of antivirus program to scan the corrupted files that may be present in the windows system.
Following steps should be taken to do a malware attack scan:
- Click no the Settings by pressing the Windows key and I key together.
- Now go to Update and Security.
- Now navigate to the Windows security.
- Go to the Virus and threat protection.
Now you can scan your windows system for any corrupted files that may be present in the explorer.
Method # 2: Run System File Checker of Sfc Scan:
This error may also occur due to missing files or presence of corrupted files. In order to keep your system and windows save from these corrupted files you may have to run the system file checker of SFC scan in order to remove the corrupted files.
The steps for this method are given below:
- Type Command Prompt in the Search box of the windows.
- Now select Run as Administrator.
- Now provide the password for the administrator.
- After you have provided the password click Allow.
- Now in the Command Prompt type scan now.
- Now press Enter.
Now this will process all the missing files and the corrupted files. Then you check if the error is solved or not.
Method # 3: Update Current Video Driver:
The presence of incompatible and outdated video driver in the windows explorer may cause the message windows explorer has stopped working message to appear. The old update of the video may cause the error on the explorer. Hence; you can update the video driver that in on the windows. This may help you fix the error of windows explorer that stopped working.
Method # 4: Perform a Clean Boot:
You can check which particular file is causing this error to occur in the windows and causing this windows explorer has stopped working message to occur. It will help windows to start with a minimum set of drivers and a start up program. It will provide you control of the files of other applications and will help you fix any problem that is present in the files of other applications.
Following are the steps you may have to follow in order to perform a clean boot on the windows explorer.
- First of all, type MSConfig in the search box.
- Now open System Configuration.
- Now click on the Services Tab.
- Now click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now click on Disable all.
- Now move to the Startup Tab.
- Now click on the Open task manager.
- Choose the file that looks faulty any click on Disable.
- After that close the task manager and click on the Ok option.
Now restart the computer and check whether the error with the windows explorer that has stopped working is resolved or not.
Method # 5: Test System’s Ram Memory:
Sometimes there might be some sort of error with the RAM memory of the computer. It may be the cause of the windows explorer has stopped working message that keeps appears due to the windows that stopped working. The faulty RAM may be the intermittent problems within the windows explorer. For this you can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tools.
Follow the steps that are given below to perform this test of the system’s RAM memory.
- Open the tool that is called as the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Click on Restart now and check the Problems.
- Now wait for the process to be completed.
Now you can reboot your computer in order to check if the error with windows and windows explorer is fixed or not.
Method # 6: Perform a System Restore for Explorer:
If none of the solutions mentioned above work for you to solve this explorer issue then you may have to perform a system restore. This will bring back all the systems to default and the initial settings of the explorer will start working.
Following are the steps that you can take to fix this error of windows explorer that has stopped working properly.
- Go to the start tab.
- Now find the Create a restore point.
- Now click to open it.
- Open the system protection tab.
- And click on system restore.
- And then click on ok.
After you have done the restore of the system now you can reboot your windows explorer and check if the error on the explorer is fixed or not.
Method # 7: Remove Any Unwanted or Corrupted Files:
- Click on Start menu that is present in the windows.
- Now click on search bar or RUN.
- Type the words “regedit” in search bar of the windows.
- Click on found regedit.exe.
- After this click on, it will prompt you an authorization,
- Now click on yes to start it.
- Click on the arrow of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
- Then Click on the arrow of *.
- Click on the arrow of shellex.
- Click on the arrow of ContextMenuHandlers.
Now you can reboot your windows system in order to check if the error is fixed or not.
Method # 8: Install Latest Windows Updates:
Old version or outdated version of the windows explorer can also cause this window has stopped working message to pop up. Hence, you can update the old version of the windows explorer that might be present on the computer and update it to the latest version. All you have to do is connect your computer to the internet availability and click on the update windows explorer version in order to update the windows.
Recovery Data With a Powerful Data Recovery Software:
It is easy for your windows system to lose all the data from the system due to the error in which the system stopped working. Hence, there is always a way that you can get back your data using the data recovery tool. You have to you this data recovery tool for the recovery of the data. You may have lost all your important file and data so now you can have an easy recovery of this data by the data recovery tool. The data recovery is very easily as you only need the data recovery tool for this process.
You can have an easy recovery of all the data, photos, videos, audios, and other important documentation. Hence, using the data recovery tool you can easily have the recovery of the data back in the explorer. The data recovery process is very easy all you have to do is download the data recovery software in the windows explorer and have the data recovery option turned on so that you can easily have the recovery of data easily and the recovery of everything can be done by only one tool.
Windows explorer has its own share of problems and the explorer sometimes topped working sue to the presence of some sort of virus that has entered the windows system of the computer or presence of some sort of the corrupted files because of which the explorer stops working and the error message appears. Due to this the data recovery problem also occurs as the recovery of the windows makes the data lost and hence performing the data recovery step through the data recovery tool that is present in the windows. Data recovery is an easy process that you only need the data recovery tool for this process.