Screen mirroring or screen casting is an excellent way to have your phone’s screen visible on your TV. It is a very handy feature that can help you while working, as well as playing. You can play mobile games on your TV through this feature, and while watching movies, you can enjoy better visuals and image and video quality on the bigger screen of your smart TV. Your phone can also work as a “handy remote” control for your TV.
Samsung Galaxy S20 is a top-notch phone, and one of the few lines that introduced 5G for the first time. If you own a Samsung Galaxy S20, you can very easily mirror or cast your phone’s screen to your TV.
Ways to find how to do samsung s20 screen mirroring to TV:
Method #1: Through SideSync:
If you have a smart TV that is not very recent, you can still use it for screen mirroring through the following steps:
- Download the SideSync app on your phone. It allows easy sharing of files, content, and screens across various platforms.
- Set up the app in your Samsung Galaxy S20.
- Now, with the help of this app, connect your phone with your smart TV over WI-FI.
Method #2: Through the Smart View app:
This is especially very feasible if you have the latest model of smart TV. The Smart View app is a built-in tool in Samsung Galaxy S20. If by chance, you do not have it, you can always download and install it easily. To set this app to find out how to mirror Samsung Galaxy S20 screen to TV, take the following steps:
- Switch on your smart TV.
- Either go to the phone’s Settings or just drag down the Home Screen and you will land into the ‘Quick Settings Panel.’
- Here, you will have to navigate through all the options until you see the ‘Smart View’ option.
- Click on it.
- When you click on the Smart View app, it will ask you to select a nearby device to mirror your phone’s screen or play content.
- Select your smart TV from the list and connect with it.
- You will receive a connection confirmation request on your TV display. Just accept it and confirm your phone’s connection with your TV.
- This is a very quick and simple method on how to mirror the Samsung Galaxy S20 screen to a TV.
Method # 3: Through third-party apps:
There are several good third-party apps like APowerMirror and LetsView that allow the casting or mirroring of your Samsung Galaxy S20 screen to your TV.
All you need to do is:
- Download and install either of these two apps on your phone.
- Download the app on your TV as well.
- Now, make sure that both your TV and phone are connected through a similar network.
- Launch the app on your TV as well as your phone now.
- Now, on your TV’s main screen or interface, you will see the ‘Scan QR Code’ option.
- On your phone also, you will see the scan code icon on the top right corner of your app’s page. Just click on it.
- Now, align the camera of your phone with the Scan QR Code on the TV.
- After a few moments, your phone’s screen will start mirroring your TV.
Method # 4: With the HDMI cable:
This wired method is meant for non-smart TV sets. All you need to do is:
- Get an HDMI cable.
- Download AllShare Cast.
- Set the app up and this will help your TV to connect with your phone via the HDMI cable.
- Once it is set up, your phone’s screen will start mirroring on your TV within no time. Your phone’s content will be easily visible on your TV.
- Just set the right aspect ratio of your video, and you are good to go.