Google Meet is the new name of Google’s Hangouts feature. It is a very famous video conferencing tool that can help people connect with each other, hold meetings and conferences remotely. This tool also allows people to have virtual meetings and hangouts with their loved ones and family members when they cannot meet in reality.
While this is an amazing and very handy video conferencing tool, people often come across the ‘No camera found’ error. This can be quite upsetting, but do not worry, because dealing with this issue is actually pretty simple.
Ways to find how to fix the error “No Camera Found” on Google Meet:
Some of the following methods will help you solve your problem.
Method # 1: Check your camera hardware settings:
This is the basic step that comes instantly to anyone who encounters the issue and is trying to look for a way on how to fix the error “No Camera Found” on Google Meet.
- If your camera is wired, then you should check out its connection. See if the wires are properly connected to your computer.
- Secondly, if you have a spare computer at home, you can unplug your camera and try to connect it to the other computer. See if it is working properly or not.
- Many times, it’s the camera device that has some problem and not Google Meet. So, if you have ruled out that your camera is faulty, then get another one. Otherwise, try the next method.
Method # 2: Check if your camera has permission to be accessed by Google Meet:
When you are a new user of Google Meet, the service asks you for permission to access your camera and microphone. Sometimes, even if you are a regular user, by some mistake, there is a possibility that you may have blocked Meet’s access to your camera. So, it is always better to check this issue too when you are trying to find out how to fix the error “No Camera Found” on Google Meet.
- Launch Google Meet.
- When the app shows you a prompt to ask for permission to access your camera and microphone, make sure that you ‘Allow’ it.
Method # 3: Check if the right camera is configured or not:
You may have recently replaced your old camera and perhaps your new camera is not properly configured. Or perhaps you use multiple cameras, so, to check whether it is the right camera or not, you will have to take the following steps:
- On Google Meet, go to Settings.
- Now, under the section of ‘Video,’ note the model of the camera that is configured to Google Meet.
- If the camera model does not coincide with the model you are using, then click on the right camera from the menu there.
- Now click ‘Done.’
This will ensure that the correct camera is configured to Google Meet. This is probably going to help you get rid of the ‘No camera found’ error too.
Method # 3: Make sure that your Google Meet app is updated:
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked for you, or if you have ruled out that your camera is fine and it is perfectly connected, correctly configured, and has no problem of its own, now is the time to move on and check if your Google Meet app is updated or not.
Sometimes, due to some bugs, this issue arises. With updates, the developers usually send patches and fixes for all the bugs. So, it is always better to keep all your apps updates.
To update the Google Meet app, you have to take the following steps:
- Go to Google Play Store for Android.
- For iOS, you will have to go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Google Meet app and see if there are any recent updates available.
- Allow the app to be updated if any updates are there.
- Relaunch the app on your device.
- Sign in on Google Meet and try to make a video call to someone.
This way, you will find out if the camera issue has been solved or not.