Amazon Fire TV stick is an exceptional product from the brand. It is an all-inclusive streaming device that you can plug directly into your TV. It offers a ton of incredible features but its viewing videos, movies, and TV shows on-demand option is possibly the best one.
However, the Amazon Firestick TV has a lot more to offer users and that brings us to the main problem for today. We will list down the best ways to fix it when Netflix is not working on Firestick. However, we must ask, can it be done?
Can Netflix be used on Fire stick?
The answer to this question is yes! You can use Netflix with Firestick TV and it can be managed by downloading the Netflix app straight onto your Fire stick device. You can access the Google Play Store from your fire TV stick and once you log on, you can begin streaming content from both sources!
However, sometimes, your Netflix account might not be working on your Fire stick device. So, we are going to tell you how to fix the Netflix is not working on the Firestick problem. However, let’s discuss why Netflix not working on firestick error occurs.
What if Netflix not working on Firestick error?
If your Netflix account is not working on your Amazon Fire TV stick, then there might be quite a few reasons why. Like most streaming services, sometimes problems can arise with Netflix as well. So, if you see an error that reads, “Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service” while you are using it via Fire stick, then this is the review for you!
Method #1 : Make sure your internet connection is working
Your first step to figuring out why Netflix is not working on Firestick will always be to check your internet connection. The easiest way to check is to simply type something into Google. If that doesn’t load, you might want to reboot your router or switch to another internet connection.
If the issue wasn’t with your internet connection, then look towards the next solution:
Method #2 : Try clearing all data
- Go to your Fire TV Stick, and click on the Home button. You will then go to Settings.
- Here, click on Applications, and from there you can select the option that reads Manage Installed Applications.
- Your next step will be to log on to the Netflix app and select it.
- Go to settings and press the option for Clear data. Once you have clicked on Clear data, you will want to select it again.
- Your next step will be to Clear cache and data.
- Then, once the data and cache have been removed, you will need to take out the Amazon Firestick from your TV and then you can wait for 30 seconds. This is when you can plug it again and open it to see if the Netflix issue has been fixed.
If this has not worked out as well as you would have liked, then here’s what you can do next:
Method #3 : Reset your Fire Stick device
If you think the issue lies with your amazon stick device, then you might consider a complete factory reset of your Fire TV Stick. All your sign-in information, passwords, and personal preferences will be deleted to make sure you know what you’re doing.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the menu and click on Settings to select it.
- Next, you will go to the System menu, and here you will get the option to reset your Stick device.
- Then find the option for Reset to Factory Settings and click on it. It might ask for a PIN, enter it and your stick will reset to its original settings.
Still didn’t work out for you? Then, we recommend you try opting for the next fix:
Method #4 : Try to update Netflix
The problem with Netflix not working on Firestick might be due to the Netflix app being out of date. So, all you have to do is update Netflix and it should fix your issue.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on the Home button, and go to the App option. Here, you will find the Netflix app.
- You can check if the Netflix app needs updating, as an Update option should appear next to it.
- If there is an update, once it’s completed, you can restart the app and check if it works.
If none of the solutions above have helped you fix the Netflix not working issue, then this might be the cause:
Method #4 : Check if Netflix server is down
Finally, we also recommend that you try and see if the Netflix server itself is down. If this is the case, then nothing you can do about it wait. This is because the issue might be from the back end of the Netflix server and it might be down for more people besides you.
That’s all from our side when it comes to fixing the Netflix is not working on Firestick error. As we have seen from today’s article, there can be plenty of reasons why your Netflix account is not working on Amazon stick. However as we have outlined, all of the potential solutions are user-friendly and therefore easy to implement.
Hopefully, this is enough information to allow our readers to take charge of the situation and there will be no need to contact Amazon customer support or seek help from a professional.