Minecraft is an excellent sandbox created in the online world by Mojang. It allows users to create their 3D block-like worlds where they can choose 2 player modes. The Survival mode is the best way to team up and fight against mobs. You can collect resources as well. The other aspect is the Create mode. Here, you can create marvelous structures and build on your world.
However, Minecraft has its list of issues that can come up. There can be a ton of reasons why the Minecraft seveserverht not be working. Today we are going to focus on when Minecraft crashes on startup as our main issue. If this happens, it can certainly put a damper on your gaming experience.
So, we are going to see how it can be fixed and before that, let’s figure out why Minecraft is prone to crashing on startup in the first place?
Why does Minecraft crash on startup?
There can be quite a few reasons why the game Minecraft crashes on startup. You will notice that this can be due to both hardware and software issues. We are going to list these out for you so you can figure out which one applies to your situation.
- If your game files are corrupted, this can cause your Minecraft to crash.
- If your computer does not meet the recommended processing power needed to run Minecraft then you can get the crashing error.
- Minecraft also crashes if your anti-virus is interfering with Minecraft.
- If you are working with the wrong settings, then this causes Minecraft to crash.
- If there are bugs or errors, then you might have to deal with a Minecraft crash error.
- Graphics card driver is outdated or missing can also cause crashing on Minecraft.
Now that we have a much better idea of what can cause the Minecraft crashes on startup, we will be looking at how we can fix this error as well.
What to do when Minecraft crashes on startup?
Method #1 : You can try updating Minecraft
Your first step should always be to try and make sure you are using an updated version of Minecraft. If you are using Windows 10, you must be using the latest and updated version of Minecraft to prevent crashing errors. Certain versions are also more prone to crashing.
New updates are crucial because they not only bring more features but also tend to grant vital patches and can also fix bugs. Therefore, it is important to keep your app properly updated.
Here’s what to do:
- To update your Minecraft, you will need to log on to the Microsoft store.
- Your next step will be to go to the three-dot menu and click on the downloads and updates menu. Then you can select the option to get Updates.
- If there is an update available for Minecraft, it will be automatically installed.
If this has not managed to fix your issue or an update was not available, move onto the next solution:
Method #2 : Disable all VBOs for Minecraft
The OpenGL feature known as Vertex Buffer Objects or VBO’s ensures you have ways to upload necessary Vertex data. This includes color, position, and other aspects. This will need to be uploaded to the video device to start non-immediate-mode rendering.
This is quite a helpful feature; however, it can also be why your Minecraft is crashing on startup. Therefore, it might make sense to disable VBOs in Minecraft to fix the crashing issues in the game.
Here are the steps to follow:
- To directly turn off VBOs, open Minecraft settings.
- Then find the panel for the Video Settings.
- Finally, you can select the option that reads, “Use VBOs” setting. Then turn it off.
Still, have your Minecraft crashing on startup error? This next fix might be able to help!
Method #3 : You can do a Windows update
For the first step, we updated our Minecraft. However, sometimes the issue for crashing might be due to your Windows OS itself. So, you can update Windows. This shouldn’t be too hard as Microsoft regularly has Windows updates.
Here is what you need to do:
- Your first step will be to go to the Settings menu.
- Then, you can click on the option for “Update & Security”.
- Finally, you will click on Check for updates via the Windows update panel.
Method #4 : Try updating Graphics Card Drivers
The next solution is concerned with any outdated or missing graphics drivers which are limiting the processing of your GPU. It is quite simple that updating your graphics card driver might fix the Minecraft crashing error. You can easily download the latest graphic drivers via the manufacturer’s website.
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- First, you will launch the Device Manager.
- Then you will find the menu for Display Adapters.
- Your next step will be to select the graphics card that needs updating and then click on the driver to update it.
- After this, all you have to do is wait a couple of minutes and your graphics card will be automatically updated. You might need to restart your computer to implement this.
This still has not been able to fix your issue? You have more solutions to choose from!
Method #5 : Make use of The DISM Scan
If your Minecraft still keeps crashing on startup, then you might need a scan. Use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management scan as this will try to fix corrupted system files.
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Your first step is to open the Command Prompt as an admin.
- Once it opens, type in the following commands one after the other.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Once you’ve done this, click on enter and it should begin. Remember that the DISM scan might take around five minutes and once this happens, you will need to restart your system.
If you are still unsuccessful, then move onto the next fix!
Method #6 : Do the System File Checker Scan
If you still need another scanning method, you can try the SFC or System File Check. This will scan, locate and repair your corrupted system files and fix the Minecraft crashing on startup issue.
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Press and hold down the keyboard shortcut for the Run command box. These are Windows + R keys together.
- In the box, you will type CMD and the Command Prompt will be launched as admin.
- Your next step is to type in “SFC /scannow” and click on enter.
This will take approximately 15 minutes to fix your issue. However, you will need to restart your device after.
If no solution has been able to work yet, then the issue might lie with Minecraft Mods. Try disabling them to fix the issue.
Method #7 : Disable Minecraft Mods
Your Minecraft mods can be the reason behind this crashing issue. Therefore, the easiest way to fix the crash error is to log onto your Minecraft settings and disable them so your issue is fixed.
If none of the solutions we have listed above have been successful and your Minecraft is still crashing on startup, then something could be wrong with your Minecraft server. You can either wait it out or contact their help services for assistance.
We have now concluded our detailed review on how to fix it when Minecraft crashes on startup. Minecraft like any game is prone to bugs and an error, therefore going through a potential list of solutions is your best bet! We hope this has been an insightful journey for our readers who can now deal with the issue themselves with the help of this guide.
Leave a Comment