YouTube is one of the most famous sites that allow people to watch their favorite videos in a go. YouTube’s mobile app is one of the most easy-to-use apps and anyone belonging to any age group can use it without any trouble.
However, watching your favorite videos on your smart TV is a wonderful and much better option than watching them on your mobile devices.
Samsung Smart TVs with the help of the Samsung Smart Hub allows you to access various applications in your Samsung Smart TV. Smart HUB also allows you to stay connected with your friends and family members through various social media platforms.
However, many users often complain that with some Samsung Smart TV models, the YouTube app has some problems. Now, there is a wide range of problems that have been reported, and some of them including the YouTube app unable to launch on Samsung Smart TV, or if the launched YouTube app does not work on the TV.
There are no apparent reasons of these problems, but you can employ some easy and manageable measures.
Solutions For Samsung TV YouTube App Not Working
Some of these steps and methods to fix issues with the YouTube app on Samsung Smart TV include the following:
Fix # 1 Unplug if your Samsung TV YouTube app is not working:
Age-old as it may sound, this trick often helps a lot.
- Remember, you do not simply have to switch your Samsung Smart TV off. You actually have to unplug it from the wall socket.
- You must keep it unplugged a full minute before re-plugging it.
- When you switch the TV on again, there are high chances that if you try to access your YouTube app on your Samsung TV again, this time, it will work.
Fix # 2 Check your internet connectivity to find the reason your Samsung TV YouTube app not working:
Connectivity issues or problems with routers/modems are pretty common and can be an important reason why your Samsung TV YouTube app wouldn’t work. So, you must check to rule this out too.
- Unplug the router/modem from its socket.
- Keep it unplugged for a while.
- Re-plug the router, gain access to the internet, and see if now you get you YouTube app on the TV or not?
- If there is some problem with the connectivity or network, you may need to talk to the service providers then.
Fix # 3 Relaunch the YouTube app through the Samsung Smart HUB:
- All you need to do is to open your YouTube app on Samsung smart TV.
- On your remote control, keep the back-arrow button pressed and held for a few seconds.
- This action will land you into the Smart HUB.
- Now you can relaunch the YouTube app from the Smart HUB. Hopefully, the relaunched app will not start functioning on your Samsung Smart TV.
Fix # 4 Your YouTube app may require an update after all:
It is always good to keep all your apps on all your devices updated. Many times, some bugs cause issues with the apps, and through regular updates, the developers keep giving fixes for these bugs. This improves their functionality.
For the problem with your Samsung TV YouTube app not working well, you can try updating the YouTube app too.
- Through the Smart HUB, you can access the features of various apps.
- Find the YouTube app in the Smart HUB, then press and hold the enter button on your remote control. This will prompt a menu to appear for you on the screen.
- In this menu, you will find the option of ‘Update apps.’
- You have to click “select all” and “update all.” This will reinstall the apps on your device and this may fix your issue with your Samsung TV YouTube app not working.
Fix # 5 Reinstall the app:
Now, if none of the above-mentioned methods work in your favor, then you should try to reinstall the YouTube app.
- Go to the Smart HUB and click on Apps.
- Go on Settings section.
- Find the YouTube app there and click to Open it.
- Click to re-install it.
- Check if the issue is resolved or not? This is most likely going to help you find a way to get your Samsung TV YouTube app working.