Are you facing wifi connectivity issues in hp laptop? Then you are not alone. “hp laptop keeps disconnecting from the wifi” is a common issue that is being faced by many hp laptop users. With the hp laptop, the disconnection of wifi issue is mainly occurring due to the installation of Windows 10 as this Windows version is not compatible and is causing disconnection of wifi. The disconnecting of wifi can also occur due to an incompatible wifi drive installed in your laptop because of which the hp laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi. There is also an issue with some users that either the wifi adapter easily gets disabled and does not seem to restart and some complained that the hp laptop just disconnects randomly but connects again a few seconds or minutes after. This internet disconnection in hp laptop is a common complaint from the users of this hp company.
Reasons Because of Which Hp Laptop Keeps Disconnecting From Wifi:
The following might be a few of the reasons because of which hp laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi:
- One of the reasons why the internet does not connect from the hp laptop might be a missing, corrupted or, older version of Network adapters that helps to keep the network connection issue related to the machine.
- Another issue might be that the user has installed an incompatible version of the wifi adapter because which causes the internet to disconnect all the time.
- It is also possible that the user’s laptop wants to keep sending wireless cards into sleep to save the battery of the laptop. If the wireless card adapter goes in sleep mode it causes the internet to disconnect from the laptop.
- There may be an issue that some sort of virus or corrupted files may attack the hp laptop and cause issues related to the disconnection of wifi.
How to Solve This Problem
Following methods can be used to solve the issue:
- Disable any Third-party Security Software.
- Run Network Troubleshooter.
- Update the Network Adapter.
- To check the wireless card in in sleep or not.
- Update the Wireless Adapter Device.
- Reset Hardware Network Settings.
- Reset Network Settings.
Method # 1: Disbale Any Third-Party Security Software:
Sometimes issues related to wifi can be due to the presence of third-party security software. So, you can disable and enable it again to connect your internet to the laptop.
- First click on the “Wifi” option in the taskbar and
- Then chose the available wifi network.
- Then click the right button on the wireless network and click the “Forget” option.
- Now reboot your laptop and reconnect to your wifi by using the security key.set
Method # 2: Run Network Troubleshooter:
Another method you can use to solve this issue is to run Network adapter Troubleshoot. This will automatically resolve the issues of wifi in the hp laptop. To do this method following steps are taken:
- Open “Setting” in the hp
- Then go to the “Update and Security” option.
- Click on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Then click on the “Run Troubleshoot” option under the “Network Adapter”.
Once you are done with these steps check your connection with wifi is resolved or not. This solution will help you resolve this network connectivity issue.
Method # 3: Update the Network Adapter:
Sometimes, the disconnection of wifi also occurs due to the outdated wifi or network adapter. Hence, you need to update the adapter to fix the wifi.
- For this press the “Windows and X” keys on the keyboard of the laptop.
- Then select the “Device Manager”.
- Then right-click on the “Network Adapters” category and select the “Update Driver Software”
- Click on “Search automatically for the driver Software Update”.
Follow the instructions of the screen and update the driver of the wifi. After the update check the wifi of the laptop that if the issue is resolved or not.
Method # 4: To Check the Wireless Card Is in Sleep or Not:
You can also check the wireless card if it is in sleep or not. If the wireless card is in sleep mode then you have to turn the wireless card into active mode in order for it to work.
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Then click on “Network and Internet”.
- Click on wifi in the menu bar. Then toggle on the wifi and turn on the option, thus, enabling your wireless card from the sleep mode.
Method # 5: Update the Wireless Adapter Device:
You can also update your Wireless adapter device to resolve your dysconnectivity of wifi.
- Insert a DVD or USB which have drivers.
- In the Windows search bar, search the option of “Device Manager”.
- Click on “Device Manager”.
- Click “Network Adaptors”.
- Then right-click on the “Network Update” to update the networks.
Method # 6: Reset Hardware Settings:
- First of all, turn off the laptop.
- Remove the power cords from your wireless
- After 10-15 seconds plug the cords back in the wireless router or modem.
This can also help you to resolve the problem with your connection with wifi.
Method # 7: Reset the Network:
If the solutions mentioned above are not able to resolve your issue with wifi in your laptop, then consider doing a complete reset of your Network. This will remove all your previous network settings and will give you the settings of wifi in their original state.
- For this, press “Windows and I” key on your laptop keyboard to open your “Settings”.
- Then click on “Network and Internet”.
- Click on “Network Reset”.
- Then click on “Reset Now” and again on Reset Now for confirmation.
This should reset all your previous settings of wifi. Now restart your computer to check if the problem related to wifi is solved or not.
The above-mentioned solutions can help you to fix your hp laptop dysconnectivity with wifi.