Peacock TV is a streaming service that streams all the TV shows, movies, documentaries, etc. by NBS Universal. Like all other streaming platforms such as Netflix, Starz Play, Hulu, etc., Peacock TV also provides its clients with several subscription packages, including the Free Plan, the Premium Plan, or the Plus Option. The Free Plan has a lot of restrictions and limitations of course, plus ads are also shown at regular intervals. On the other hand, the Premium Plan has a lot of perks along with an ad-free streaming and viewing experience.
If you have subscribed to the Premium Plan, and if for any reason, you want to find out how to cancel your Peacock TV subscription, all you need to do is to go through one of the following methods:
Methods to Cancel Peacock TV Subscription
Method #1: Go to the official desktop website to find a way on how to cancel your Peacock subscription:
This is the easiest way if you are trying to find out how to cancel your Peacock TV subscription. To start the process, you will have to go to the Peacock website through your computer. Sadly, you cannot switch or cancel plans directly from the mobile application on Android, iPhone, or iPad.
Now, take the following steps once you are on the main page of the Peacock website:
- Go to the top-right of the page and you will see the option of ‘Sign In.’
- Click on ‘Sign In.’
- This will open a page that will ask for your Email address, your password. Enter all your credentials and get signed in.
- You will now enter the Home Page of Peacock TV.
- Look at the top right corner of the screen. You will find the icon for your Account.
- Click on this icon.
- This will lead you to a page where your ‘Plans & Payment’ details and other account information will be present.
- Here you can see the plan that you have subscribed to and that you want to cancel now.
- Once you have located your plan, just go and click on the ‘Change Plan’ link.
- The website will now show you all the plans that are available and that you can subscribe to. Since you want to cancel your subscription, one thing to remember is that cancelation is not so easily possible. You will have to go through a process to get your account deleted.
However, changing your plan to the ‘Peacock Free’ plan will make you a free user, and not a paying subscriber.
- Keeping the above-mentioned point in mind, just select the ‘Peacock Free’ plan option.
- Now click on the button that says, ‘Change Plan.’
- Now, the website will ask you to confirm if you really want to switch plans. They will show you all the perks and all the NBC Universal original shows and their seasons that you will stop getting access to within a week.
- Click on the ‘Switch to Free’ button to confirm your decision.
And this is how you will eventually cancel your subscription by switching accounts.
Method # 2: Delete your Peacock account:
Although the above-mentioned steps and method suffice the cancellation of the subscription, if you want to delete your Peacock account, you will have to follow some tedious steps and fill out some forms.
What you can do is:
- Go to the Peacock Help Center.
- From there, choose the option ‘Manage my accounts.’
- You will find an article on ‘How do I delete my account?’
- It will lead you to the Privacy page. Click on it.
- Read through the article. It will explain to you all the steps.
- Now, you will see a lot of legal information about your rights, etc.
- American citizens can simply scroll down and click on the ‘Deletion Request Link.’
- If you are from another country, you will have to email your deletion request to [email protected].
- Eventually, the website will lead you to the “NBCUniversal Individual Rights Request Portal.” This is where you will have to request for your Peacock account to be deleted. You may even ask the company to delete any other additional personal information they have on you.
- Through this portal, you will be asked to make your selections so that the company can redirect you to the appropriate forms.
- First, you will have to select the “Delete My Information” option.
- Then select “Peacock” from all the “Select Available Brands.”
- You will have to enter your credentials again along with your country/state in America.
- After confirming that you are a human and not a robot, you can finally click on the ‘Submit’ button.
The company may take several weeks to a month time to process your request and delete your Peacock account eventually.