If you like many others make use of Adobe services such as Photoshop, you will know that you need to connect to the internet or Wi-Fi when you are using them. This is because for many important functions this connection is required. We all want a smooth and seamless editing experience and so we comply with this.
Is there a disadvantage to Adobe Photoshop getting access to your internet?
However, this can be problematic as well if services like Photoshop want to gain access to your internet no matter which kind of domain it is. To stop this, you can consider blocking your adobe services with the aid of a Windows Firewall. This is a Windows feature that will ensure you can block Photoshop or other services from connecting to a domain whether personal, private, or corporate.
The reason behind this is simple; we don’t want these services gaining unauthorized access to these. If you are a home user, then you will want to consider this blocking for privacy and security reasons. Today’s article will be tackling this issue with the aid of a windows firewall to block Photoshop!
How to Block Photoshop In Firewall Windows 10
So, let’s figure out how to block Photoshop in Firewall Windows 10!
1. Automatic Firewall Blocking on Windows 10
- The first step is to press the Windows keys. In the box that appears, you may type Firewall. Then press on the option that reads, Allow an App through Windows Firewall.
- The next step is to press the Change Settings option and you will find a list of results. Sift through these to find the Adobe Photoshop option and deselect it. The little check box for this should be on the left-hand side.
- Finally, you can press on OK and this will successfully block Photoshop from accessing the internet on Windows.
2. Manual Firewall Blocking on Windows 10
- For the next method, go to the start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Next, you can press the option that reads Windows Defender Firewall and this will open it.
- Once this is done, you must press the Advanced Settings option that is at the left of the windows firewall.
- A new window will appear, where you will select Outbound Rules. Then press on New Rule…
- To block Photoshop, press to choose the option that reads, Program, and then select, Next.
- Then you will press the button for Browse on the menu…, and search for Adobe Photoshop. Choose either Adobe Photoshop 64 bit or Adobe Photoshop 32 bit. Press, Next.
- An option for Block the connection should appear. This will be on default. Again, press Next.
- Here to effectively block Photoshop via firewall in Windows 10, you can select Public, Private by clicking on all domains. To make sure this is a permanent command via firewall in windows, you have to assign it a name.
This is recommended since the name will explain why this rule was assigned and will make your life easier later.
When you have gone over all these steps, either manual or automatic, you will find that with the aid of your Windows Firewall and settings, Adobe Photoshop no longer has access to any internet domain.
One thing that you ought to remember is that while it can be useful to block Adobe services, blocking one will ultimately mean that you might not get access to any of Adobe’s additional services.