If you are not familiar with this information, Minecraft is an interactive single and multi-player video game that was first launched in 2011 by Mojang. Today’s article will be dedicated to figuring out how you can add friends on your Minecraft server for Microsoft Windows 10. First, let’s go through what this game is all about!
What is the Minecraft universe like?
Minecraft is different from many other modern games since it has a very specific 3-dimensional block-like environment where players can create and break their impressive creations. The possibilities are endless and you can create pretty much anything that you can imagine.
However, this universe is not just about getting raw materials and supplies to use tools to create various structures. You can also switch up the game mode, to go to survival settings. Here, players can engage in fights and survive different scenarios.
How to add friends on Minecraft for Windows 10?
Before you get to add friends to play Minecraft with you, you need to create an account on Microsoft. If you are playing using Xbox, then you will automatically have one! Your Microsoft account is what will connect you to your friends and will enable you to add them.
If you are not on a Windows device and are instead playing with a console, you will need a Nintendo Switch or Xbox Live subscription as this will get you online.
- Once the account on Microsoft has been made, you can start Minecraft and proceed to select the option that says Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- It will then give your instructions, follow them and sign in. then connect your Microsoft account with Minecraft.
- You can then either create a new world or choose to play in the existing game. Give the game a little time to load and then go to the Settings in the game’s menu.
- You will then go to the option on the right that says Invite to Game.
- You will then get to another screen that says Find Cross-Platform Friends. Click on this.
- You must know your friends’ Minecraft ID or tag to look them up. Once you find them you can select Add Friend and they will be added. However, they have to accept your invitation and add you back as well. You might have to wait for that to happen.
- If you are using Xbox One, this process will be even easier since you won’t have to remember or type in gaming IDs.
An important thing to remember is that if they accept your request, they will be part of Minecraft’s online world. However, whenever they are online, they will be named Online Friends.
We now know exactly how to add friends on Minecraft for Windows 10 devices! However, another important piece of information might be how to invite friends and then add them! This will look into specific operating system requirements as well such as Microsoft Windows and iOS software.
So, without further ado, here is a simple way to achieve that:
How to invite your friends to your Minecraft server?
- First, you will open and load Minecraft on your Windows 10 device using the Start
- Press the option for Play and you will find an Edit button next to the option for your Realm.
- This is when you will click on Members and then select the option to Invite on the list of people that are already friends
How can you add friends for Minecraft via Nintendo Switch?
If you need to add someone on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch, here’s what you need to do:
- First, scroll through your profile page.
- Then, click on the option that reads, Add Friend and you can search them up with their Friend Code.
- This will be a 12 digit code that your friend will provide and you need to type it in.
- This is when you will press on Send Friend Request and press OK to proceed.
- Next, click on Add Friend and go to Friend Requests on their profile page.
If you have a Microsoft Windows 10 device and you want to add friends via Xbox, here’s what you need to follow:
- First, launch the Xbox app on Windows 10. This can easily be accomplished by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- You can locate the list of friends on your right-hand side.
- Simply search up your friend via the list or add in their gamer tag in the search box to find them.
How Can You Add Friends for Minecraft on Apple Products?
- The first step is to go to the Game Center, then press on it.
- Then click on Friends. This will make an option for Add Friends appear in the top-right corner.
- You will then add in the email of your friend that you want to invite. However, you may also click the Addbutton for existing contacts.
So, you must have learned adding your colleagues in Minecraft Windows 10.
It is possible to play with your friends on Minecraft in a multiplayer mode for Microsoft Windows 10?
Yes, it is possible to play Minecraft with friends in a multiplayer mode for Microsoft Windows 10! However, the amount of players you can play with is a maximum of 4 more friends. You also need to make sure they are playing Minecraft in a Microsoft Windows 10 or Pocket Edition and while connected to a network. The same applies if you are using Xbox Live instead of Microsoft Windows. Again, a total of 4 more players can play this online together.
Now that we have provided you with an in-depth look into the various methods to add friends on Minecraft in Microsoft Windows 10, we hope by now you can execute all these different functions on your own! We have lived up to our end of the bargain by presenting detailed and step-by-step guides for your aid!
Leave a Comment