If you’ve ever interacted with any Google products, you will be well aware that they are intuitive and innovative applications that make use of your previous history and actions to provide a better user experience for you overall.
The Gboard which is Google’s new keyboard app is no exception! It is readily available for all Apple iPhones and iPads that have either iOS 9 or up.
The best part is that it is compatible with both Android and iOS devices (Mac/iPhone) so it is available to all users. Essentially, it is an updated version of your phone or laptop’s current keyboard as it provides tons of special features that will work to elevate your typing and command-based experience.
These features include expansive predictive text analysis to get you the best predictions as you type. You can also access your weather app or your calculator directly from your Gboard keyboard update. However, as with any application or technology, the Gboard is also prone to malfunctioning.
This might not work or it even might crash unexpectedly. In case this or a range of other issues arise, you don’t need to worry because there are quite a few solutions! Today’s article will go over these in detail so you have all the necessary information to tackle the issue as it arises in different devices.
Solution of Gboard Not Working
First, we are going to look at the steps you can take if your Gboard not working on either an iPhone or Apple-based smartphone device:
The first solution we have is to add your Gboard as your Default one. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings, then click on General, and, go to your Keyboard options. Then click on the Keyboard edit options visible in the top-right.
- Then you can select and drop Gboardfrom an available keyboards list. It is quite easy to drag and lift it to the top so it becomes a default setting.
- If this doesn’t work, you can also restore your Gboard keyboard. This implies that your keyboard had switched to another one. To switch it back to your iPhone or iPad, you can simply access any app that allows you to type.
- Click on the typing box and press the globe icon. This will be right at the bottom.
- Next, click on the Gboard There might be a null option.
If all of these solutions do not work, then you might want to update the Gboard app on the iPad or iPhone. After you have restarted your iPhone device, this is what you need to do:
- To add it back to your list of keyboards, go to Settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Then press the button that reads General.
- Next, press on Keyboards
- And finally, you can add a new keyboard. When you see the option for Gboard press it.
Solutions For Gboard not working on Android
Next, we are going to list out the potential solutions if your Gboard is not working on an Android device:
Sometimes it is better to just turn your device off and start fresh. This is a good idea to restart since your CPU might be processing way too much information at once and some of these might get in the way of Gboard’s performance. Once you restart, this issue should be gone.
If that doesn’t work, consider going to the Play Store and reinstalling Gboard. What this does is a guarantee that there are no broken files downloaded with your Gboard. In case there were some, they will be deleted.
This is one of the simplest ways to solve a problem if your Gboard stopped working. Clearing your keyboard’s existing Cache Files will speed up any processes that might have been getting slowed down by these files. While these might store necessary information, the cache can be problematic as well.
- To do this, simply go to the Settings option and find Gboard in the Apps and Notifications tab.
- You can then press on the Storage option for Gboard and click on Clear Cache.
Another method to get your Gboard working on Android devices is to turn off all other keyboards first. The best thing about Android keyboards is that it is quite easy to switch between them. This enables you to download and make use of quite a few. However, this might be why your Gboard is not working.
Therefore, an easy fix is to disable all other keyboards besides the Gboard one so nothing is getting in its way. To successfully do this, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings, click on System. Then go to Languages & input. After this, you can click on Virtual keyboard.
- After this, you can press the Manage keyboardsoption on the screen that will appear.
- Finally, to shut off all other keyboards, press on the OFF buttons for all but the Gboard.
Another solution we have is for you to restore Gboard in case it has been switched to another keyboard!
- To switch back to Gboard, it is easy to switch it back all you have to do is to open any application where you have the option to type.
- Then press on the typing box and click on the glove icon that lets you go to the keyboards! Tap where you can enter text. You will see an option for Gboard that you need to click on.
- After this, you can add it back to your keyboard list
Finally, we have reached the end of today’s review on what steps to take if your Gboard is not working! We have divided these solutions based on whether you are using an Apple or Android device to make the distinction clearer. We hope that this has been an informative journey and you are equipped with all the insights you will need.
Leave a Comment