Opera has been working as a commercial web browser since 1995 and has gotten even better in terms of more advanced features, better functionality, an interactive and user-friendly interface, and a lot more.
The Opera browser supports almost all the major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac Operating system, iOS, and Android.
The browser has three versions for mobile too, including Opera, Opera Touch, and Opera Mini.
Some of the key features that make the Opera browser pretty special include speed-dialing, pop-up blockers, memory for opening the recently closed web pages, private and tabbed browsing, built-in screenshot through its own Snapshot tool, and a lot more advanced features like ad-blockers, site, and app tracking blockers, etc.
Opera Software launched a special feature, a free VPN service in 2016. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, and it hides the ISP and location of the user and lets them access sites and pages that have been blocked for any reason.
Reasons for Opera VPN not working:
As much as there are so many advantages related to the usage of the feature, many users have repeatedly faced the problem of their Opera VPN not working properly.
Some of the basic steps that you can take if your VPN is not working are:
Solution # 2: Check if you have set the app correctly if your find your Opera VPN not working:
Now, this is important because when you install the Opera Mobile app, the VPN feature is disabled by default. The reason is that this feature is not required by everyone and every time. So, when you install it and plan on using the Opera VPN feature, make sure to enable it first.
Also, you must check out if your VPN is set up perfectly in your Opera mobile app or not.
Solution # 3 : Disable then Enable the Opera VPN:
This is something really basic.
- All you need to do is to reset your VPN settings by disabling it for a couple of moments.
- After a little while, enable it again.
Usually, this step suffices to restore your Opera VPN’s function.
Solution # 4 : Check the Data Saving Mode of the Opera mobile app:
If the above step does not work, then you can check this out.
- Click on the Opera app’s icon on your mobile.
- Enter the settings section.
- See there if the Data Saving Mode is enabled or not? When it is enabled, the VPN feature automatically switches off.
- You will have to disable the Data Saving Mode to enable the VPN feature.
Solution # 5 : See if your VPN is only enabled for private tabs?
If you are trying to find out the reason for your Opera VPN not working, then you must also check out in the settings if the VPN is enabled for private tabs only? This is usually a default setting.
- Go to the Settings of the Opera app, and un-tick the VPN’s availability for private tabs only.
- This is going to help you access all the blocked sites and pages easily.
- You can enable and disable the VPN while using the Google search engine. This will hamper your search results though.
Solution # 6 : Update to the Opera app’s latest version:
Make sure that your mobile app is updated and upgraded. Usually, when a problem occurs, the Opera development team promptly releases a fix for it. So, if your VPN is not working because of some bug, updating the latest version will help solve your issue.
Solution # 7 : Disable any existing VPN service on your mobile:
If you are using another VPN service simultaneously on your phone, the Opera VPN feature may not work with it. So, make sure that you disable any other VPN service first.
Solution # 8 : Block the ad-blockers:
Some ad-blockers create a locally active virtual private network to render their services. They may also be a reason for your Opera VPN not working. So, you must disable these ad-blockers also.
Solution # 9 : Your Anti-virus software may cause a hindrance for the Opera VPN:
- Try to disable it or uninstall it to see if the Opera VPN starts working.
- If this resolves the issue, you may continue your browsing, but it will be a little risky this time without the antivirus.
- Make sure to re-install it once you are done using the Opera VPN feature.
Solution # 10 : Alter your Location:
The Opera app provides three virtual locations for the users. If one of the server locations is down, this may be the reason for your Opera VPN not working. So, it is advisable to try to change your virtual location and see if it works.
Solution # 11 : Clear app cache:
Clear all the cookies and cache associated with the Opera app through the settings. This may also be a reason why your Opera VPN is not working?