AT&T is one of the largest telecommunications and internet service providers. It operates as a carrier for fixed as well as mobile networks all over America mainly and in some other parts of the world too. Not only this, but the company provides pay-television services through its DirectTV.
HBO Max is a very famous streaming platform by WarnerMedia and it provides unlimited entertainment to its subscribers in the form of exclusive movies, shows, and a lot more.
Last year only, AT&T paired with HBO Max to let its customers enjoy the streaming platform and all the goodness that it brings along. This allowed all the AT&T customers who already had HBO to access HBO Max too without any additional charges.
However, as exciting as the idea of the merger of two amazing services sounds, many US citizens faced some problems and found their AT&T HBO Max not working.
Different Ways to Fix If AT&T HBO Max Not Working
Here are some of the ways through which you can combat this problem.
Method #1: Confirm your Eligible AT&T Plan first if you find your AT&T HBO Max not working:
This is the first and foremost step. You have to see if your AT&T service plan is eligible to have HBO Max or not?
Some of the Eligible unlimited plans that support HBO Max include AT&T Unlimited Elite, AT&T Unlimited Plus SM, AT&T Unlimited Plus Enhanced SM, AT&T Unlimited Choice SM, AT&T Unlimited Choice IISM, AT&T Unlimited Choice Enhanced SM, and AT&T Unlimited &More Premium (for HBO as your premium channel)
- Go to your AT&T Account.
- Select the option of ‘View your current plan.’
- Click it. It will show which of the plans you have.
- If your current plan is not from the above-mentioned Elite unlimited group, then you can always go and select the option of ‘Change Plan.’
- This will help you get the required plan through which your access to HBO Max will begin.
Method #2: Sign-in all accounts in case of multiple IDs:
This method is only applicable if you have more than one wireless account having different identities on AT&T. Sign-in errors may also be a cause of AT&T HBO Max not working.
- Go to your accounts.
- Sign in AT&T with all the registered accounts with their respective IDs.
- This will help you find out the ID that is tied with your HBO Max subscription plan.
Method #3: Check if the HBO Max set up is okay or not:
Any setting up errors of HBO Max on selected AT&T unlimited plans may also be the cause of your problem with AT&T HBO Max not working.
So, to set your HBO Max correctly, take the following steps:
- Go to the ‘My AT&T Account Overview’ option on the AT&T website through a web browser.
- Now click on the HBO Max logo.
- It will take you through a series of prompts and commands. Just keep following them.
- Alternatively, you can go and click on the ‘What’s on TV?’ option.
- Under it, you will see HBO Max. Select it.
- By following simple commands, you complete your HBO Max set up on your AT&T unlimited Elite plan.
This should help you watch HBO Max content easily now.
Method # 3: Check your Premium Plan:
If you have an AT&T Unlimited & More Premium plan, you must see if you have chosen your premium correctly or not.
- Go to attwatchtv.com and sign yourself into your AT&T account.
- Now, go to ‘My AT&T Account Overview.’
- Click on ‘Pick my premium.’
- Choose HBO.
- If you do not see the option of ‘Pick my premium,’ then you must go to attwatchtv.com/verify.
- On this page, you will have to confirm your wireless plan.
- Now, after verification and confirmation, you will be able to see ‘Pick my premium.’ Choose HBO.
- After a few more prompts, you are most likely going to be able to sign in to HBO Max.
In case, you have already chosen HBO as your premium and still, it is not working, then you should:
- Download the HBO Max app.
- Sign in to your AT&T account with the user ID and password that you use for your AT&T account through the HBO Max app.
- Go to ‘My AT&T Account Overview’ through the app and take all the above-mentioned steps.
Hopefully, this will resolve your issue and help you with your problem of AT&T HBO Max not working.
Method #4: Re-sign in on your HBO Max app:
- Uninstall and then re-install the HBO Max app on your phone or web browser.
- Click on the ‘person icon.’ You can also click on any of the movies or show to get started.
- Now, click on ‘Sign In.’
- Then choose the option of ‘Sign in through TV or Mobile Provider.’
- If you have an iPhone or iPad or if your AT&T TV service provides you access to free HBO Max content, then click on ‘Allow.’ Otherwise, choose ‘Don’t Allow.’
- Amongst the service providers, now choose AT&T.
- Then, enter your user ID and password for your AT&T account.
- Click ‘Sign In’ now.
- This should sign in to your HBO Max app tied with your AT&T plan.